Today’s generation prefers to get all their accounting works to be done at ease with the new era software and therefore accounting software like QuickBooks is used. This software can handle all your accounting worries and can help you out with solutions in a simplified manner. The QuickBooks software makes your business easier and profitable. Although QuickBooks software has innumerable advantages it has a single lag and that is errors. While using QuickBooks services you can generally face some errors and that could be frustrating. These errors occur when you install it, upgrade it and reinstall it.The errors in QuickBooks are not every time severe but yes in some cases you can lose company files. In this text, we will discuss the most critical error in QuickBooks and that is QuickBooks error 3371.
Describing QuickBooks error 3371:QuickBooks error 3371 occurs when a user activates the QuickBooks desktop for the first time or when a user tries to re-configure the computer. This error could also be the result of a missing company file. When this error arises, your screen depicts a message that says “QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118″ and in a few possibilities, it displays ” QuickBooks error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data”. When you click ok it will show up another error that is QuickBooks fatal error. And when you again click Ok the windows will be closed. This error in QuickBooks services seems to be a frustrating one and can tease your mind
What are the circumstances that can cause QuickBooks error 3371?It is clear that Intuit has made it compulsory to have license information on your hard drive but due to some problems if this license file is missing then you can face this error. Also when you try to clone the data from a C drive to another hard drive you can encounter QuickBooks error 3371. And to resolve this issue you need to retype your license data. Below are also a few reasons that can lead to this error:
- The file that is required by QuickBooks desktop to run is missing or harmed.
- If your Qb registration.dat file is not working properly or damaged QuickBooks desktop will not open as this file contains license information.
- Damage to the MSXML file that helps you retrieve data from Qb registration.dat file will also make you face this error.
- An outdated version of Windows or antivirus can also lead to this error.
- This error can also arise if you are opening a company file without saving it. Therefore, first, save it with.QBO extension before importing.
What are ways to resolve QuickBooks error 3371?Step 1: Start by updating your windows OS.If you don’t have the latest updates of windows installed on your desktop it can hinder the installation of QuickBooks. You can update Windows by following steps:
- Go to the windows logo
- Open All programs and select the windows update option.
- After you completely update windows, you can install QuickBooks. if still the same issue persists you can move to the next step.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- Type the exact location of where QuickBooks saves entitlement files and press enter.
- Right-click on Ok and windows explorer will open
- You will be easily able to locate the ECML file and then give a right-click and delete it to resolve the issue.
- Now just restart it to see if the issue is resolved.
- Initially install the latest version of windows and then click on the start key button.
- Then get on to all programs and begin updating your windows.
- After that check, if you have any new updates left.
- Now after successfully updating windows you are ready to open QuickBooks desktop.
- First of all close QuickBooks desktop.
- Download QuickBooks hub tool on your computer.
- Go to Quick Fix my program option in the tool.
- Look for fit error 3371 and click ok. ● Then open QuickBooks data file.
- Start the tool hub on your server.
- Go to the installation issues and select QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool perform its action.
- After it finishes you can reboot your system.